Recently, we went letterboxing and one of the boxes had a comment that it needed some tlc. Since we would be in the area twice within days of each other, I decided to do some repairs to it. We found it, and it was in need of some major help! The stamp was in three pieces, the box broken and the logbook soaked. The kids were excited to help out a box in need of repair. I must confess that I was a little excited to help out too. The owner of the box seems to have moved on, or has had life happen and has not been active on the letterboxing site. I took pictures of the progress, but forgot to take a picture of the pages of the logbook drying out on my dashboard. It was quite a site!
After the stamp was fixed, the box painted and a new logbook purchased, we placed the box right back where it had been. I hope it has a long life ahead of it!